curl : Error Code (6)

From: Sharma, Amit <as230007_at_exchange.Canada.NCR.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:34:10 -0400

Hi there list,

Got some success while trying to compile curl using SUN's Forte suite of
C/C++ compilers on 64-bit arch. However, when I try to run the curl tool, I
get the error code curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host.
I have a feeling that the linking order for the libraries in the makefiles
was not correct or there was some other improper order of linking issue.
Could anyone suggest how I could resolve this or point me to some references
to look for.

By the way, curl builds and works fine using the default configure script
and am able to do HTTP stuff. This way, I know I do not have any nslookup
problems.

Any Ideas?
Gracias,
Amit