Re: Building CURL for ucLinux

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:15:35 +0200

On Jul 9, 5:37, Vijay Krishnan wrote:
>Hi,
>I am trying to build curl for ucLinux version 2.4.21.
>My compilation is on a machine running Fedora (this is
>where i compile C applications and then download it to
>the ucLinux machine). I set the environment for the
>ucLinux machine(basically the same thing i do to
>compile a C app) on the fedora machine, and then run
>./configure. I think the script tries to compile the C
>code and execute a.out on the fedora machine. THis
>causes error since a.out can only be executed in the
>ucLinux machine. So I tried fooling around with the
>-build and -host options but i really donot know what
>to set the values to.( What should be the name for the
>ucLinux machine??). If i set it to 'uCLinux' I get
>error that ucLinux machine not found. Forgive my
>ignorance on this. Any help would be much appreciated.

I guess it's really a cross-compiling setup you need.
I haven't done that with libcurl so I cannot assist
you there.
However, you may be able to work around the problem
simply by enabling your Fedora box to execute aout
executables. At least on the fedora boxes I have
seen you can do that like so:

 modprobe binfmt_aout

-Tor