Re: libcurl - No timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Roland Krikava wrote:

> The connection will however timeout after a few minutes.

Yes, since Apache will close it down. You could write your own server though
that does this and never times out. Neiter will libcurl in that case.

> Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this, and avoid setting timeouts that
> kill legitimate connections?

First off, what is a "legitimate connection" and how can libcurl tell?

I suggest you either use the CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT option or you use the
progress callback to figure out yourself when you think the connection is no
longer interesting.

      Daniel Stenberg -- --
       Dedicated custom curl help for hire: