Re: HTTP with hand made SSL Handshake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:37:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Amit Sharma wrote:

> I am interested in writing some HTTP application with custom made SSL
> handshake process by custom creating the handshake layer in SSL with my own
> version of SSL handshake, keeping everything else as it is. I am wondering
> if I can use curl library/command line (such as, curl using openssl) that
> shall allow me to tweak around the SSL handshake instead of rewriting the
> complete protocol and the HTTP on top .

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Sure, if you modify the sources to use your custom handshake, then you'll be
able to use curl/libcurl for your purposes.

If SSL_CTX_FUNCTION is enough for your purposes, then you won't even have to
modify any library code. See

  http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTSSLCTXFUNCTION