Re: 7.12.1 Solaris build problem with getdate.y

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:57:53 +0200

On Sep 10, 14:33, Mohun Biswas wrote:
>Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> Can you try to simply remove the offending 'expect' line first? It might
>> be the only thing that prevents it from working fine with yacc.
>
>Unfortunately it's not quite that simple: commenting out '%expect'
>causes the subsequent '%pure_parser' line to choke in the same way.
[..]

I ran into more or less the same problem a while ago, and I looked into
the above. I don't really know bison/yacc, but from what I found out the
'%pure_parser' construct (in particular) is a Bison feature with no
equivalent in standard yacc. That's when I gave up and installed Bison.

I'm with Dan's suggestion that the best idea is probably to get rid of yacc
altogether. Disclaimer: I really hate yacc/lex parsers.. :-)

-Tor