Adding SSL...

From: Casey ODonnell <caseyodonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:50:01 -0400

I'm trying to figure out what the simplest method to add SSL support
to an application would require. Assuming that I am already
successfully PUT-ing a resource on a server, what would it take on my
part to ensure that I was PUT-ing via SSL?

Looking at simplessl.c it looks like I would need:

1.) Client Certificate File
2.) Client Key File Password
3.) Client Key File
4.) Format of Client Key File

or:

1.) Client Certificate File
2.) Client Key File Password
3.) Engine Name ("rsa_test" typical?)
4.) Identifyer (Is there a default?)

Theoretically if I had this information I could successfully (assuming
I did the OPT's right) PUT via SSL? So instead of PUT-ing to
http//www.server.bob/~jim/folder/text.txt I could PUT to
https://www.server.bob/~jim/folder/text.txt

(Assume the server thinks this is alright)

Thanks for the help, I'm just trying to make sure I have my head on
straight before I run down the SSL route. I'm really just tryinig to
figure out what sort of options I might need to give a user who wants
minimal SSL support. Sorry if this is pretty 'newbie-ish'.

Thanks,
Casey

--
Casey O'Donnell