Adding SSL...

From: Casey ODonnell <>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:50:01 -0400

I'm trying to figure out what the simplest method to add SSL support
to an application would require. Assuming that I am already
successfully PUT-ing a resource on a server, what would it take on my
part to ensure that I was PUT-ing via SSL?

Looking at simplessl.c it looks like I would need:

1.) Client Certificate File
2.) Client Key File Password
3.) Client Key File
4.) Format of Client Key File

1.) Client Certificate File
2.) Client Key File Password
3.) Engine Name ("rsa_test" typical?)
4.) Identifyer (Is there a default?)

Theoretically if I had this information I could successfully (assuming
I did the OPT's right) PUT via SSL? So instead of PUT-ing to
http//www.server.bob/~jim/folder/text.txt I could PUT to

(Assume the server thinks this is alright)

Thanks for the help, I'm just trying to make sure I have my head on
straight before I run down the SSL route. I'm really just tryinig to
figure out what sort of options I might need to give a user who wants
minimal SSL support. Sorry if this is pretty 'newbie-ish'.

Casey O'Donnell
RPI STS Department - Graduate Student