Cygwin usage

From: Josh Gordon <>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 00:46:00 +0000

This is a really newbie question. I am trying to compile a basic cURL
program on Cygwin but the compiler returns with messages like "undefined
reference to _culr_easy_init()" such as:

\cygdrive\c\Documents and
Settings\josh\Local~1\Temp\ccMxFkw1.o(.text+0x26):main.c: undefined
reference to _curl_global_init
Similar error lines corresponding to other curl_easy_* functions.

The program works fine on linux.

Dont know if this is the right direction, but it seems the library functions
are not available to it. libcurl is installed on my cygwin and three files
libcurl.a, libcurl.dll.a and are present. Seems ssl support is
missing from cygwin libcurl release. I tried gcc, gcc -lcurl and also using
all the libs returned by curl-config --libs.

Please cc as I just subscribed, not yet on the