Re: Re: [patch] Changing the originating IP of outgoing posts

From: Pascal TROUVIN <pascal.trouvin_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:47:41 +0200 (CEST)

No, the idea is not to choose the ouput interface on the curl system.

But to specify the ip address of the TARGET system.

Just think about the following architecture:

Internet

www.test.com is directed by DNS to a virtual IP load balanced among a
    | farm of web server

 +-----+----+--... Official Network
W1 W2 W3 ....

Now suppose you can reach each Web server individually because you know each IP address.

When you use curl in the normal way:

curl http://wwww.test.com/

You get the response from one server in the pool.

And for security reason the web server refuse:

curl http://1.2.3.W1/

So I add the support of:

curl --remote-ip 1.2.3.W1 http://www.test.com/

Which works fine here, I can test each web server in the pool.

In fact I do that for the integration of individual test in Nagios (Network monitoring).

Regards

Pascal