Re: HTTPS POST problem - is a bug in curl configure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:26:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Jens Fiedler wrote:

> 1) If it does not find the ssl header files, it disables the ssl feature in
> the lib, but not in the curl-config.

I honestly believe you are wrong on this. I think you have two (lib)curl
installtions in your system and you've got a mix of libraries and curl-config.

> 2) It does not look for the openssl headers in /usr/local/ssl as stated.

Yes it does if you use --with-ssl (without a given path). With /usr/local/ssl
as root in the dir hierarchi it use to check for libs and includes. You can
easily verify this by reading configure.ac.

If you don't use --with-ssl it doesn't look for headers in /usr/local/ssl,
only in the compiler's default paths.