Re: SIGPIPE when uploading with CURLOPT_READDATA

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:56:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 apinstein_at_mac.com wrote:

> Everything works perfectly when we do not exceed the maxRequestLen on the
> server. However, when we go beyond this, the app crashes with a SIGPIPE.

So I take it this is Mac OS X! ;-)

Does this system have MSG_NOSIGNAL defined? If you check lib/setup.h libcurl
uses this argument to its send() calls if it is present:

        MSG_NOSIGNAL
               Requests not to send SIGPIPE on errors on stream oriented sock-
               ets when the other end breaks the connection. The EPIPE error is
               still returned.

Have you tried to simply have your app ignore SIGPIPE?