Re: SIGPIPE when uploading with CURLOPT_READDATA

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:36:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Alan Pinstein wrote:

>> Does this system have MSG_NOSIGNAL defined? If you check lib/setup.h
>> libcurl uses this argument to its send() calls if it is present:

> Hmmm I don't know... lib/setup.h is a CURL source file?

libcurl source, yes.

> I build from fink so it'll take some twiddling to figure out if this is
> going on...

Well, the question is more if Mac OS X supports that option for send().

> Also, is MSG_NOSIGNAL a configure option?

No, it is defined in your system headers.

> What's the definitive way to tell if it's being used?

I'm not sure this is the "definitive way" - but 'man send' should describe it.

> How is this related to curl_easy_setopt's CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL?

Not at all really. CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL set true avoids the use of signals to
abort stuff for timeouts.

>> Have you tried to simply have your app ignore SIGPIPE?
>
> Hmm I haven't. Actually it's an interesting idea... I'll have to see how to
> catch signals from Cocoa :)

That is way beyond my horizon! ;-)