RE: trouble with SSL URL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:09:43 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, David Byron wrote:

>> In my eyes, that should suffer from the same problem(s).
>
> And of course it does. I'll do some more digging. Any openssl experts out
> there wanna lend a hand?

The best thing to do would be to write a completely new C program that TCP
connects to a given host, SSL-negotiates, sends a proper HTTP request, and
then downloads the resúlt using a buffer that is 16383 bytes big.

If such a program shows the same sympthoms, I bet the OpenSSL devs would love
to get such a source in a bug report.

That will however require quite some work. The short-cut would probably be to
write up a detailed description of what curl does and send that in a bug
report instead. Not as good, but possibly almost as useful. I could help out
with this (too).