Re: CURL_LOCK_DATA_CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:33:57 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Brian Akins wrote:

> Is anyone currently working on using the share API to share connections?
>
> I may have need of it and don't want to duplicate effort.

Nope, there's nobody working in that area.

It would certainly be an appreciated addition. Just prepare yourself for some
source digging. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions here.

A little thing to think about:

The current single-handle connection pool keeps connections open to a host
after usage, to be able to re-use it later. Thus, there will only be
connections to different hosts (or using different user names) in the pool.

When multiple connections start using the same pool, we need to consider what
to do if a connection is handed over to the pool when an "identical"
connection is already present there. Perhaps having multiple connections like
that are fine, perhaps it should then rather disconnect one of them... I have
not decided what I consider would be better.