Re: Adding client WAN support to libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:18:28 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Pavel Orehov wrote:

> - Delay between transactions

In what way is this libcurl's concern?

> - Send/Receive data in chunks on TCP layer

In what way doesn't libcurl already send/receive data "in chunks" ?

> - Dtop transaction after some defined time period

Like CURLOPT_TIMEOUT?

> - All these features should work via HTTP, HTTPS, FTPoHTTP protocols

I thought they already were.

> If first look i see that all read/write to socket actions are in one
> function, i just want to be sure that i am not missing something.

Well, doing it there will work if you're only using the easy interface. Which
then also would make it pretty certain that I wouldn't accept such a patch
into the main sources...

If you're using the multi interface, you need a much better approach, and I'm
not accepting patches that deliberately aren't taking that into account.