Re: HTTPPOST, formadd and PycURL / WWW::Curl::easy

From: jason kratz <jkratz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:38:04 -0600

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:26:52 +0200, Dominique <domimail_at_tonnikala.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been Googling for a few days to find a Perl/Python libcurl solution for
> posting a multipart form, i.e. upload a file via HTTP.
>
> It appears there is no equivalent to curl_formadd() in neither
> WWW::Curl::easy nor PycURL.
>
> >From what I can tell "HTTPPOST" is unsupported in WWW::Curl::easy. The
> comments in the code state it's "not yet working", however development of
> the Perl module appears to have stagnated. PycURL seems to support HTTPPOST
> as proven by e.g. test_post2.py, but I'm not sure it supports file uploading
> in itself.
>
> In the TODO list there's a mention:
> "NEW FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS:
>
> * Support more of the CURLFORM_* API in HTTPPOST?"
>
> Do the list members know if it's possible to accomplish a HTTP file upload
> with PycURL or maybe even a patched WWW::Curl::easy?

I know for a fact that you can do file uploads with PycURL as I'm
doing so but I'm using HTTP PUT. I would assume that since that works
that it would work for HTTP POSTing as well. In the libcurl docs you
might want to look at the section on CURLOPT_POST for the
curl_easy_setopt() function.

I would also suggest asking the same question on the PycURL lists.

Jason