Re: curl and grabbing images ?

From: Augustus Saunders <>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:54:34 -0800

Ok, using libcurl and curl command line are pretty different. You
should read the documentation for curl_easy_setopt and find the options
you want. In a nutshell, the "| djpeg -bmp -grayscale > image222.bmp"
is not included in the URL. The URL parameter is not a unix shell (or
dos shell) command line, it is just the URL. So you will need to
download the jpeg first and then invoke djpeg (using a system call) to
convert it to a bitmap. To save the jpeg to a file, you'll need to
fopen the target file, and then pass the FILE* to curl as the
CURLOPT_WRITEDATA parameter. See the curl_easy_setopt docs for more info.