Re: DEBUGFUNCTION provides little info for invalid urls and exceeded timeouts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:58:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, David Pautler wrote:

> I've since noticed that server instances are stopping, and no cores are
> generated (perhaps using c-ares prevents them from being created..although
> I'm not at all sure that libcurl is even involved in the stoppage).

I don't see how c-ares could stop cores from being created.

Doesn't your server have some kind of logging in which you can add info about
what it does to enable you to narrow don't the villain? It seems a bit odd to
hunt for problems in libcurl/c-ares if you're not even sure the problem is in
this domain.

> Surprisingly, I've found that using either an invalid url or a too-small
> timeout results in very little info from DEBUGFUNCTION: "INFO: Closing
> connection #0".
>
> Can the code in the link above be augmented to provide more information?

No, libcurl simply doesn't provide a lot of info in all cases. I would most
probably accept patches that add this.