No return for SSL enabled libcurl C program

From: <>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:48:37 -0500 (CDT)

I don't get the https: page with libcurl, although I DO get it with CURL.
I dl the latest CA bundle. I get expected page with http:// from curl and
libcurl. I have installed an SSL enabled curl and libcurl under WinXP.

I built the simple ssl test program with SKIP_PEER_VERIFICATION enabled,
and the following lines:

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "");
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE);
printf("cURL version %s\n", curl_version());
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CAINFO,

(last line wrapped by email prog)

output is:

* About to connect() to port 443
* Trying * connected
* Connected to ( port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: c:\curl\curltest\curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* Closing connection #0
cURL version libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2

I've tried many combinations - what am I missing?

Thanks, Charlie