curl_multi_fdset: doc suggests that fdsets are zero-ed before adding?

From: Alien <alien999999999_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:39:00 +0200

I want to make sure, cause a big implementation issue depends on this:

can i use the curl_multi_fdset function to _add_ fds to _existing_ fdsets with
already other fds in it?

i'm already using select in my library, i have some sub-libraries adding a few
fds to the structures, so i can use them in one big select with a rather
large timeout (+- 50msec).

so _can_ i use that function to add the curl's internal fds to fdsets with
already others in it? if so, the documentation regarding that wasn't clear
and suggested that it extracted (and thus overwrites the structures)...

thank you for your attention,

PS: can you CC me, i'm sorry but i'm not on the list, too many mailing lists
already...