Re: Howto question - SOAP on the command line

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:20:39 -0500

How does --anyauth work? Is it pinging the server first, then
examining the returned headers to see what kind of auth might be being
demanded?

I know I've seen a couple of servers that wouldn't work properly if I
pile right in and hand it an auth with the first call. I have to hit
the server first without auth, then again with auth. I think it's a
cookie issue, not a curl problem. The server just doesn't understand
the auth without the cookie, or something equally irritating...

Ralph