statically linking libcurl

From: chris neale <chrisneale_at_eastlink.ca>
Date: 21 Apr 2005 17:20:28 -0300

My target users are not computer savvy and I want them to be able to
download a stand-alone executable or something else that is very simple.
Further, they mostly use public-access pcs running winXP and will not be
able to put DLLs into the system32 directory.

I have tried allowing them to download libcurl.dll (from my compilation)
into their executable directory. While this works on some computers, it
does not appear to work for all users.

1. Do I need to give them additional dll's or perhaps they need to
change their system settings to recognize dll's in the directory of the
executable?

2. How can I statically link so that there is only a single required
executable?

I am compiling on a windowsXP MSvisualStudio6, linking via the method
outlined in http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/visual_studio.pdf

What I currently have set up is available through a web-site:
http://users.eastlink.ca/~hcap/bbblibrary.html