Re: How-To use NTLM proxy authentication?

From: Augustus Saunders <augustus.saunders_at_verilogix.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:12:21 -0700

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:25:46 +0200 (CEST)
 Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> I can't find where or why it would set 'want' to 1. Can
> you?

Don't have it in front of me, but no I didn't figure that
out.

> Hm. What if you just set it to 0 (zero) instead? To me,
> that seems like the most proper thing to do there to reset
> it back to original state.

See, the thing is, I want it to keep whatever authentication
method it's already determined. See, I reuse the curl
handle for a bunch of files, so I don't want it to redo the
authentication dance. FYI, 7.13.1 did not do this, this is
a regression.

[regarding SSPI]
> You need to set CURLOPT_USERPWD to "" (a zero length
> name/password), and enable NTLM auth.

If I set CURLOPT_USERPWD to "" and use AUTH_ANY, will
everything work once it figures out that NTLM is required?

Augustus