Réf. : Re: round robin DNS without Ares only takes first IP

From: Philippe HAMEAU <philippe.hameau_at_sagem.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:42:06 +0200

Bonjour,

>>> Alternatively I could count the number of addresses, choose the
starting
>>> address, jump to the head after reaching the tail and terminate the
loop
>>> when reaching the starting address again.

> But this will only change which address it starts trying on, not the
order of
> the individual entries, right?

Absolutely, but I think that's the idea :), if the DNS server basically
randoms the order of the addresses, and cURL randomly chooses the first
one and then loops with the order given by the DNS, then the load will be
well balanced. Does anyone matters if the order of the connections made by
a ONE cURL app is the same ? I don't think so, since another app will have
another order used.
Phil