Re: Project hiper - High Performance libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:11:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Cory Nelson wrote:

> I assume this means you will be wrapping platform-specific high performance
> socket apis. Do you have a wrapper api written up? I'd be happy to help
> with IOCP in Win2k.

No, that's actually not part of the plan. I'm focusing on allowing high
performance event systems to replace the select()-centric approach the current
multi interface suffers from. Or perhaps this is what you meant?

Of course, I'm not sure how that will benefit or affect Windows users as I
don't know if there are any high performance event systems that are portable
enough to work more or less similar on Windows as on *nix.

I just added more docs to the hiper section of the web site to show the
current API suggestion and a sample app I wrote up a while ago.