Timeout does not work using easy interface inside thread

From: Allen Zhao <xlz_at_kagi.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:22:09 -0600 (CST)

Hi, All,

I have a strange problem on Win32 with easy interface, libcurl 7.14.1.
Basically, I used download inside a thread. If I use semaphore to limit
one URL download at a time, everything works as expected, include
time-out.

Now I allow simultaneous download with several threads, (still regulated
with a semaphore count), it turns out there will be a dead lock when some
slow sites are visited. It started the libcurl call, but never time-out,
effectively lock the semaphore.

Is there any known issues along this line?

Best regards,

Allen Zhao