Re: Anyone gotten PAM authentication to work?

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 00:27:41 -0600

  http://lists.canonical.org/pipermail/kragen-hacks/2002-February/000312.html

  Here's a PAM module that lets you use HTTP Basic authentication
(ideally over HTTPS) to check user passwords.

It sounds to me like that's server-side, giving the server (yet another) way
to look up userids and passwords. The server would use Basic Auth to get
that info from the user.

So, are you on the server-side, or working on an app that hits such a
server?? If it's an app that's not part of the server, all you'd need would
be:

CURLOPT_USERPWD to set the userid:password

CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH to set the authentication method to CURLAUTH_BASIC

Ralph Mitchell