Re: SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl callback changed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:07:30 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Yang Tse wrote:

> I've been able to track the matter down to the fact that the openssl
> interface for SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl has been changed between openssl-0.9.7*
> and openssl-0.9.8*.

Now this is interesting. I see no such thing in my OpenSSL 0.9.8a headers:

$ cd /usr/include/openssl/
$ grep SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl *.h
ssl.h:long SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl(SSL_CTX *, int, void (*)(void));

> The related changes in openssl are in files ssl_lib.c and ssl.h

Nonono, ssl_lib.c is not used by curl and that is not bothering us.

> openssl-0.9.7* [ssl.h] long SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl(SSL_CTX *, int,
> void (*)());
>
> openssl-0.9.7* [ssl.h] long SSL_CTX_callback_ctrl(SSL_CTX *, int,
> void (*)(void));

(I assume you meant the second one to be 0.9.8)

They look identical.

> I'm not sure how this change should be addressed by curl, since there might
> also be other implications, I'm not able to see.

I don't see a change in API. And since we do it like this fine with 0.9.8 I'd
say it works fine too. And no autobuilds give any warnings on this line.

> Anyway, if someone with good knowledge of curl is able to provide a patch
> for this I would gladly test it.

I can only see that we could typecast the argument passed to the function, but
I don't see how this is any different to what we did for OpenSSL 0.9.7...