Re: Random crash in Curl_resolv

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:56:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Prasanna Vijapur - Sun Microsystems wrote:

> My program crashes in Curl_resolv while trying to post the data. I am using
> libcurl 7.14.0. This is multithreaded program and uses https.

Does it crash at the same point all the time?

> The IP address is provided in the url, Will linking with C-ares help me?

No. When the IP-adress is given, libcurl won't resolve any name. It'll just
instantly convert the given address and use that.

> Even when ipaddress is provided, curl does the signal handling for timing
> out the dns name resolve. line numbers:3374 to 3385 in url.c Can this be
> avoided?

With some clever re-arranging of the code it seems possible indeed.

But why do you use signal-based timeouts if you don't want them to occur?