Re: Help with cookie options...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:49:12 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, R. Blaine Mincey wrote:

> The only thing I could figure out is that maybe the cookies that are being
> passed back and forth need to be modified. I did look at the output of
> httpHeader within I.E. and it looks like the cookie values being passed in
> the browser are different than the ones being passed within javacurl.
> Below are the outputs from httpHeader and javacurl. How can I modify the
> cookie values being sent? I am a little confused about the usage of
> OPT_COOKIEFILE and OPT_COOKIEJAR.

CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE sets a file name to read cookies from

CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR sets a file name to write cookies to

If you want to modify cookies that libcurl has received already, or add one
"manually" to libcurl's internal cookie engine, you should use
CURLOPT_COOKIELIST.

CURLOPT_COOKIE can be set to append a specfic cookie to the outgoing request,
but that will not be added to the internal cookie engine.

Clear enough?