Re: Bug in libcurl.m4?

From: David Shaw <dshaw_at_jabberwocky.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 01:06:09 -0400

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 05:53:08AM +0200, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

> Here the LIBCURL variable get set to `-lcurl' and is never reset again,
> thus making it's way into the resulting Makefile. Although I don't
> really see how this happens since when libcurl is detected to be
> unusable no calls to AC_SUBST(LIBCURL) are made, as far as I could see.

It's autoconf magic. It's enough that the AC_SUBST is seen at all,
even though it isn't executed.

Try the attached patch. It's safer than restoring the original values
of LIBCURL since the idea of allowing a user to pass in LIBCURL is to
try and find the library or add special link stuff. If that fails,
then best to clear the variable altogether rather than try and link to
something that already failed.

David