Re: Is libcurl supported on Win64 OS (using Itanium 64 processor)?

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:14:58 -0400

RAVI KIRAN wrote:
> In <curl>/lib/config-win32.h
> Replacing
> #if defined(__WATCOMC__) && (__WATCOMC__ >= 1240)
> #else
> #define ssize_t int
> #endif
>
> with
>
> #if defined(__WATCOMC__) && (__WATCOMC__ >= 1240)
> #elif defined WIN64
> #define ssize_t size_t
> #else
> #define ssize_t int
> #endif

I am not a Windows guru, still less a Win64 guru, but my understanding
of preprocessor macros is that _WIN32 (with the underscore) is provided
unconditionally by the compiler, whereas WIN32 (no underscore) is
provided merely by convention (e.g. the VS project wizard puts it on the
compile line).

Assuming the same pattern holds true for *64, I think keying off _WIN64
(or both) would be safer. In my code I never mention the no-underscore
versions.

MB