Getting the IP address of the site contacted

From: Lenny Rachitsky <lrachits_at_webmetrics.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:14:20 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a reliable way to determine what IP address my
libcurl download resolved to. I can't find a nice getinfo() request that will
give this to me. Is there some other way I can figure out what IP address my
request resolved to? I see it in the DEBUG output, but I'd prefer not to be
parsing DEBUG output to get this.

One thing I want to make sure I'm dealing with is DNS servers that return
multiple IP addresses, where the local DNS caches more then one IP, and
potentially rotates amongst those internally. I want to make sure I can get
the exact IP address that the libcurl download contacted each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Lenny Rachitsky
Webmetrics