Re: backported patches and curl -V

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:40:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Toby Peterson wrote:

> But here's what I'd suggest, and this should be helpful for other vendors
> who include curl:
> curl 7.13.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0) libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7i
> zlib/1.2.3
> Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
> Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
> Patches: APPLE-SA-2006-05-11
> Of course, the 'APPLE-SA-2006-05-11' could be 'DSA-919' on Debian or
> 'GLSA-200603-25' on Gentoo, or simply 'CVE-2005-4077' on any system.
> Any thoughts?

I think it is a fair idea that certainly would be nice to users to allow them
to see what differences there are between the stock version and the one they

I figure that need to be a plain text for human consumption since it can then
be basically anything depending on what package/distro/OS that would set it...

I think we should also make a recommendation to keep the string shorter than
70 characters or so, as otherwise it risks getting quite unredable.

You have patch lying around for adding this?

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: