Re: How to fully customize the HTTP request

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:32:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Mohamed Lrhazi wrote:

> Well... The option would allow me to say:
> purge_url=''
> c.setopt(c.URL, 'http://mysquid.ip.address/ignore/this/path')
> c.setopt(c.CUSTOMPATH,purge_url)
> c.perform()

I can see how you have troubles doing this with libcurl without telling it to
speak to a proxy...

So yes, if you really want to do proxy-style URL requests with libcurl to a
host that is not a proxy and similar, such an option will most probably be
required. Funny how no one else ever needed this...

You up to providing a patch?

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: