Re: Getting the IP address of the site contacted

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Lenny Rachitsky wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out a reliable way to determine what IP address my
> libcurl download resolved to. I can't find a nice getinfo() request that
> will give this to me. Is there some other way I can figure out what IP
> address my request resolved to? I see it in the DEBUG output, but I'd prefer
> not to be parsing DEBUG output to get this.

There have been some efforts in the past to provide such an option, but nobody
has yet produced a patch I've liked enough to include - and I do acknowledge
that the feature would be cool.

Internally, we even keep a pointer to an allocated string holding the IP
address, so it should be a pretty easy thing to add. You feel like taking a
stab at it?