Re: SSL on windows question!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 00:18:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Wei Weng wrote:

> I tried to do
>
> curl_easy_setopt(m_conn, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);
> curl_easy_setopt(m_conn, CURLOPT_CAINFO, "D:\\Temp\\bundle.crt");
>
> But I always gets this error message:
>
> problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
>
> (Translated from error code returned from curl_easy_perform)

Does a VERBOSE output reveal any further hints?

I believe that error description is a bit misleading. CURLE_SSL_CACERT is
returned from two places (assuming you use OpenSSL) and both occur when a
verifying of the peer fails. Thus, the cert is most likely possible to read
but it just can't verify the peer's certificate.