Re: PocketPC port (VS2005)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:02:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Jeroen Dierckx wrote:

> Looking at the gazillions of platforms where a release is made for, why
> isn't pocketpc supported?

Everything in curl are done by people who wants the particular feature or
specific option. Apparently nobody (yet) wanted libcurl to work on PocketPC
badly enough.

Actually, someone once made libcurl build for WindowsCE, but I'm not sure how
much of that that still builds fine nor how the relationship really is between
PocketPC and WindowsCE.

> The SDKs for windows mobile 2003 and 2005 for vs2005 are a lot more complete
> than the EVC++ ones. We can almost compile all code we make here for
> pocketpc without much trouble.

Then I figure you should have little problems porting libcurl to PocketPC. I
certainly will appreciate your patches and docs when you feel you have
something to merge back into the main source code.