Re: using data from a get to make a put?

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 00:52:04 +0200

> I would rather see it done by something in the manner of having these two
> features added:
>
> 1 - The callback can somehow tell libcurl that it can't return any data
> right
> now, but please call me again in NNN milliseconds *or* don't call me
> again at all until I tell you its OK again.
>
> 2 - Have a way to tell libcurl that a given connection is now ready to
> again
> send away data for the (1) state to end.
>
> Of course these are just my ideas. They can most likely be further
> improved.
I had similar ideas in fact. I imagine that the "please wait until I tell
you to re-read" is the right solution, else there may be some kind of
latency in the transfer and there may wrong delays... thus causing the
wanted hidden costs of download or upload to disappear to the profit of
something like: TRY WRITE, PLEASE WAIT NNNms, FINISH RECEIVE, REMAINING
DELAY, WRITE...
this is a bit theoric but it could degrade performance when upload/download
speed are similar.
if i have enough time i'll try to work on that somewhere in the next months

Armel