Re: Re: Anyone working on this TODO feature ?

From: Sudeep Das <sudeep.das.in_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:06:52 +0530

> "Add the following to curl_easy_getinfo(): GET_HTTP_IP, GET_FTP_IP and
> GET_FTP_DATA_IP. Return a string with the used IP. Suggested by Alan."

Nobody has mentioned any intentions to work on this in public at least.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Okay, so I shall start on this.
From the archives:

>>>Add to curl_easy_getinfo the following:
>>>GET_HTTP_IP
>>>GET_FTP_IP
>>>GET_FTP_DATA_IP
>>>--
>>>pass in a char**
>>>return 0 if connection is not open else return allocated string with ip.
>>>I only suggest a string to deal with ipv4 vs ipv6.

Questions:
1. So this is invoked during read / write callback ? or after a perform ?
2. What does "return 0 if connection is not open else return allocated
string with ip" mean ? I thought the connection would be closed anyway
after a perform.
3. FTP_DATA_IP ? Ok, lemme go through the RFC. I thought command
channel and data channel would be connected to the same server. Anyone
save me an RFC read ?