control connection termination during large FTP uploads

From: Seymen Ertas <>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:43:51 -0500

Hi all,

I believe I am running into a situation that is best explained by Steven at the following link:

In summary during large upload sessions the control connection seems to be terminated where the data connection is still active and is unaware that the control connection is no longer around.

I am wondering whether CURL provides any options where a keep-alive is implemented for the control connection during large transfers ? What I mean by this is sending a couple of useless commands periodically just to keep the control connection alive.

From the CURL documentation I have found couple of references to CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE however as far as i can tell this only causes the following to be set: data->set.infilesize.

Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

thank you