control connection termination during large FTP uploads

From: Seymen Ertas <curlnewsgroup_at_seymen.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:43:51 -0500

Hi all,

I believe I am running into a situation that is best explained by Steven at the following link: http://stevenf.com/2007/02/transmit_and_timeouts.php

In summary during large upload sessions the control connection seems to be terminated where the data connection is still active and is unaware that the control connection is no longer around.

I am wondering whether CURL provides any options where a keep-alive is implemented for the control connection during large transfers ? What I mean by this is sending a couple of useless commands periodically just to keep the control connection alive.

From the CURL documentation I have found couple of references to CURLOPT_INFILESIZE_LARGE however as far as i can tell this only causes the following to be set: data->set.infilesize.

Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

thank you