Re: HTTP 1.0 HEAD

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:49:43 -0800

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:18:33PM -0800, Sonia Subramanian wrote:
> When I set CURL to use HTTP 1.0 and do a header request I got error 400 from an
> HTTP 1.0 server.
>
> I noticed that Host: was appended to the request and I think Host: is only for
> 1.1 and that is the reason for the failure.

Basically all HTTP/1.0 servers support (if only to ignore) a Host: header,
and it has existed since before HTTP/1.1 came out. Still, if the server
is improperly set up you might see that result. Have you tried disabling
the Host: header (with the -0 -H Host: options) and seeing if that solves
the problem? It could also be that the URL you are using doesn't support
HEAD requests.

>>> Dan