LibCurlNet FTP upload is very slow

From: Kai Blaschke <blaschke_at_dialoop.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:43:39 +0100

Hi all,

I am using LibCurlNet with the latest version of the Win32 version of
libcurl (7.16.0) on WinXP. My goal is to upload files to a FTP server
over SSL from within a .NET 2.0 application, so LibcurlNet seemed to the
the perfect choice. Everything works fine so far, except for one
drawback: the upload speed is _really_ slow. Even on localhost, I get a
maximum speed of about 35 KB/s. Disabling SSL makes no difference at all.

I searched the list archives and the internet for this particular
problem, but found nothing really helpful. Has someone encountered this
behaviour, and is there any solution?

With Regards
Kai Blaschke