Re: NTLM proxy nightmare - POST problem?

From: Jonathan Arnold <jarnold_at_insors.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:01:41 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>
>> I've attached the '--trace-ascii' log for the hang. It doesn't show
>> much. A POST by curl, followed by a receive of the proxy auth error.
>> Then nothing. It's not surprising there's no auth info in the first
>> POST, as the key is that I'm doing an 'anyauth', so it first starts
>> with nothing and tries to figure it out from there. If it does a GET,
>> it works correctly, as you can see from the second log.
>
> Any chance you can run this with a debugger and see what libcurl is
> waiting for at that moment?
>
> It seems like it doesn't consider itself done with either recving or
> sending so it doesn't "act" on the auth stuff and thus just waits for
> the recv/send to complete...

It is looping in the Transfer routine, waiting for done to be true. The
'keepon' member variable is set to KEEP_WRITE, but it never gets cleared.
But for some reason, conn->writesockfd is -1, which doesn't look right at
all.

I'll keep digging.

--
Jonathan Arnold           Software Engineer
inSORS Integrated Communications, Inc