Re: Commercial support / bug hunt

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:04:09 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Pedro Larroy wrote:

> I have a filedescriptor leak problem with curl-library with the multi-socket
> interface, sockets leak and are left in CLOSE_WAIT state, is anyone with
> deep knowledge of libcurl internals willing to provide paid support to help
> me with this problem? I'm doing research for a university project, so I
> won't pay big.

Any software consultant company with some skilled engineers could probably
accept such a task, provided that they have staff available for it. The "I
won't pay big" part might of course not attract them much.

I work for a company who does such jobs, but I'd request a fair fee for my
work. Details would be sorted off-list.

Other than so, I can only request that you tell us all the details and that
you write up a test script/program that repeats the problem (preferably with
libcurl's own memory debug system pinpointing the leak) and we might be able
to hunt it down and even fix it, for free.