Re: NTLM proxy nightmare - POST problem?

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 23:34:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Jonathan Arnold wrote:

> In the Curl_http_auth_act routine, 'perhapsrewind' is called if the request
> isn't either a POST or a HEAD and if pickhost or pickproxy is true (in this
> case, pickproxy is true). 'perhapsrewind' sets the conn's rewindaftersend to
> be true, even though there is nothing to be sent and thus curl just loops,
> sending nothing and receiving nothing.
> rewindwaftersend gets set to true because of this peculiar if:
> http.c(258):

What about the line immediately before that line? It says:

    if((expectsend == -1) || (expectsend > bytessent)) {

What are the contents of the variables expectsend and bytessent in this case?

> And yes, authproxy.picked == CURLAUTH_NTLM. And expectsend == -1, because
> it never gets changed from its initial setting (not sure if the HTTPREQ_POST
> should be picking up a postfieldsize or not).

Ah, you haven't set a postfieldsize. Did you try simply changing your app to
do that?

Other than that, I figure we should change the conditionals there to make it
_always_ do the rewind if expectsend is -1.

Do you have the rewind callback setup?

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: