RE: spreading the work load

From: Shmulik Regev <shmulbox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:12:44 +0200

> I just want to mention that I really appreciate if others than me also
read
> patches, try them out and provide feedback to the list and the patch
author,
> as it could help to somewhat reduce the work load that ends up on me.

For whats it worth I'm willing to assist.

I suggest that you'll establish some kind of process to maximize the
collaborative effort. For example, when reviewing new patches there are
multiple issues to consider:
 - platform compatibility
 - does it play well with the existing tests?
 - is it aligned with the existing coding style? I'm not talking about
indentation and stuff although these are very important also, but about the
coding "philosophy" (now thats a big word) behind curl.
 - how large is the user base that will benefit from the patch?

BTW, I tried once (not to hard though) to run the tests on windows without
luck. Are they known to work? If not, this is probably a very important
task.

Cheers,
Shmul