Re: Asking for the reversion of the pselect() patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:02:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Bryan Henderson wrote:

> But also because I don't understand the Curl_pgrsUpdate code as well; I
> originally had code that did _not_ update the counters more than once a
> second because it looked like that might be important, but I couldn't really
> tell. I asked, and Daniel said the reason for the once-a-second limitation
> was just to keep the built-in progress meter from running more than that.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The once-per-second was originally put there to
limit the screen output rate, but when we remove it we must take precautions
so that the calculations and everything still works at least as good as they
do today. Doing them all much more frequently without this taken into account
will break them.