Re: Sending arbitrary SFTP commands?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:47:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

>> The names used by 'sftp' would make sense.
>
> They would.

I agree, they seem a very reasonable choice.

> So I see here we just need to take quote and postquote commands, and
> translate them into libssh2 function calls.

Yeps. I think the most annoying part will be that this is gonna be tricky to
get going in a non-blocking way (doing things non-blocking has turned out to
be my "thing" in both libssh2 land as well as in libcurl).

> I wish SFTP wasn't a binary protocol, but I don't see any other way of doing
> this.

I'm not sure it would make a whole lot of difference to us anyway...

> When I get some time I might try implementing this myself, assuming I can
> get libssh2 to compile (which I haven't tried yet).

libssh2 should be straight-forward to build, especially if you get a recent
daily snapshot/CVS (which you should, the latest public release is fairly old
by now). There are also several people involved in both libcurl and libssh2 so
if you stumble upon any problems with either lib or with the combination, we
should be able to fix them all.