Re: Canceling transfers with multi interface

From: Bryan Henderson <bryanh_at_giraffe-data.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2007 16:59:02 +0000

>> My question is: how do I cancel transfers while they are in progress?
>
>Pull out the easy handle with curl_multi_remove_handle()!

>... when you use the multi interface there's no need to use the
>progress callback ..., as you can do that at any time within your own
>app instead and just remove the handle if you want a particular
>transfer to stop.

When I looked at the code of curl_multi_remove_handle(), I could not
convince myself that it cleans up an in-progress transaction the way
it happens when a progress callback returns "abort". Since the server
is still in the middle of a transaction, libcurl has to close the
connection, doesn't it? In the progress callback case, the caller
sets conn->bits.close to effect this, but I don't see that with
removing the handle.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California