Re: ftps

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:52:00 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

>> An FTPS URL to port 21, really?
>
> Really. I'd hazard a guess there are more FTP-SSL servers out there that
> operate on port 21 than on the dedicated port... The IETF draft for FTP-SSL
> says this is OK.

Two things:

1) implicit FTP-SSL is still on port 990 by default, even if explicit is the
"proper" way to do it.

2) libcurl assumes implicit FTP-SSL when you give it an FTPS:// URL and your
mail claimed you did, but yet the verbose output said port 21. So, you either
showed us the wrong URL, it was the wrong debug output or you have modified
libcurl... Which is why I asked.